Here’s some hard evidence that email marketing works and can bring you a significant return on your investment.
A few weeks ago I spent about 20 minutes composing and sending our monthly email out to our clients. This simple bit of marketing immediately generated £4,040 of sales. Let me tell you how I did it…
Every month I write a couple of blog posts for the Tomango website, usually about a particular area of our business that I think might be of interest to either our clients or prospective customers looking for a brand and web agency like ours. It’s a perfect way of demonstrating our expertise and engaging our audience.
Towards the end of the month, I put together our regular marketing email that typically contains:
- A short version of one of the blog posts, with a link to the full article
- A couple of projects we’ve recently started or won
- A recently completed project from our portfolio
The blog post I linked to was called “How we saved our client £1,000s and boosted its turnover by 15%” and was about how important it is to put together a coherent and effective online marketing campaign.
I imported a list of our client’s email addresses from our CRM system, did a couple of tests to soothe my paranoia and 10 minutes later, the email landed in our clients’ inboxes.
Here’s what happened next
As well as receiving a few polite thank-yous and how-are-you-old-chaps, we also had orders for:
- 2 requests for website updates
- 1 client wanting us to take on their online marketing for six months
- 1 request for an HTML email template (“just like yours please”)