Role type: Permanent
Salary: £25,000 - £32,000
Hours: Full time
Tomango creates beautiful brands and industry-leading websites for ambitious businesses across the UK. Based in a converted farm building in a rural location about five minutes from Lewes and 20 minutes from Brighton, we’re a perfectly blended team of dedicated and passionate designers, developers and marketers who get a huge kick from seeing our clients succeed.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company and be a key member of our development team.
About the role
This role has great potential and is ideal for an ambitious web developer looking to play an important role in the development of the business. You’ll be working closely with key clients and other lead personnel in the company and will be expected to take a prominent role in Tomango’s digital output.
Working alongside the Creative Director and Managing Director, you will be responsible for building and managing websites, delivering projects on time, on budget and to a high standard. You will also provide technical resource for trouble-shooting and front-line customer support.
You’ll be a dedicated and committed developer that strives for excellence and continual improvement, but you’ll already have high standards of quality and delivery, strong communication skills and be comfortable working under pressure.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Liaising with key clients, you’ll be responsible for developing high-quality websites
- Working closely with the Creative Director, you’ll be converting Sketch designs into responsive and performant sites
- You will be responsible for ongoing improvements to and management of existing websites
- You’ll provide technical resource for trouble-shooting and front-line customer support, and be expected to deliver exceptional levels of customer service
- You’ll help make sure projects are completed on time and on budget
Attributes and skills
- At least a year’s experience of web development in an agency environment
- Strong HTML and CSS knowledge
- Good understanding of web performance and responsive design
- Ability to convert designs (Sketch) into semantic and performant websites
- Working knowledge of bespoke WordPress theme development
- Keen eye for detail and ability to write solid, robust code
- Gulp and SCSS skills
- Great communication skills
It would also be useful for you to have
- Understanding of Git
- Experience managing web servers and hosting infrastructure
- Experience with web hosting
We’re looking for someone with the following personality traits
- Web head
- Methodical and practical
- Ability to work under pressure while producing high-quality work
- Ability to plan own workload
- Commercially aware
- Self-motivated, comfortable leading and enthusing others
- Keen to learn
- Good sense of humour
- Good team player
- Flexible working hours
- Working in a beautiful office in the countryside
- iMac and ergonomic chair
- In-house training and support
- Being part of a supportive, motivated team
- The freedom to develop other areas of interest in design and digital
- Regular staff socials – and you get a say on what we do and where we go
- 28.5 days holiday + bank holidays
How to apply
Email your CV to email@example.com.