Role type: Permanent
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Experience: Minimum 3 years agency or freelance (working with multiple clients)
Hours: Full time or Part Time – hours to suit
Are you an experienced front-end web developer looking for your next challenge?
This role has great potential and is ideal for an ambitious developer looking to play an important role in the development of our business.
You’ll be working closely with key clients and other lead personnel in the company and will take a prominent role in Tomango’s digital output.
- Generous Annual Leave Allowance – 28.5 Days PLUS Bank Holidays
- Hybrid flexible working. Work remotely or from our beautiful countryside studio
- Ongoing personal development, training and support
- Paid-for company social events
This role is only suitable for those with a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a senior web developer.
Collaborate with end-user clients and guide them with your expert views.
Work closely with in-house designers, project managers, technical team and senior management.
Contribute to the direction of the business and have input in key decisions.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Bespoke development of websites; including WordPress themes, plugins, and PHP-based CMS
- Diagnosing and implementing bug fixes
- Implementing website design updates
- Testing and documenting changes to website code
- Account management and client liaison
You will have the following skills
- HTML5, CSS, SASS / LESS
- Bespoke WordPress theme and plugin development
- Git version control
- Gulp / Grunt
- Adobe Photoshop
It would also be useful (but not essential) for you to have
- Server maintenance experience
- Apache/Nginx experience
- Modern JS frameworks
- WCAG 2.1
- Sketch & Adobe Illustrator
We’re looking for someone with the following personality traits
- Efficient but accurate
- Logical, methodical and practical
- Ability to work under pressure while producing high-quality work
- Ability to plan own workload
- Always looking to learn and develop their own skills
- Commercially aware
- Self-motivated, comfortable leading and enthusing others
- Open, honest and transparent, with both clients and the rest of the team
- Good sense of humour
- Good team player who’s prepared to chip in and help out
Tomango creates beautiful brands and industry-leading websites for ambitious businesses across the UK. Based in a converted farm building in a rural location about 5 minutes from Lewes and 20 minutes from Brighton, we’re a deliberately small team of experienced designers, developers and marketers working together to create maximum impact for our clients’ businesses.
How to apply
Please email your CV in PDF format, together with your salary expectations and preferred working hours, to firstname.lastname@example.org.